Follow along with the message
“The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when… new wine will drip from the mountains & flow from all the hills & I will bring my people Israel back from exile. “They will rebuild the ruined cities & live in them. They will plant vineyards & drink their wine; they will make gardens & eat their fruit. I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them,” says the Lord your God.
Takeaways from Amos
1. God is the ruler and judge of the nations of the earth
2. God expects his people to live out the greatest commandment
3. God restores his people when they return to him and his commands
· Amos 4:13 He who forms the mountains, who creates the wind and who reveals his thoughts to mankind, who turns dawn to darkness & treads on the heights of the earth—the Lord God Almighty is his name.
· Matthew 22:36-40 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. The second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
· Micah 6:8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy & to walk humbly with your God.
· Is my heart engaged in passionate worship of God?
· Is my life aimed at those who are lost, empty & in need?